Aldo Sebastián Cicchini
Born in Montevideo, Uruguay, in 1988, he begins studying violin at the age of 5 with Ludmila Cavallaro. His first recital was at 7. He participates as a soloist at the 1st Festival of Youth Orchestras of Uruguay when he is 8.
After several orchestral experiences he becomes a regular member of the “Ars Musicae” Chamber Orchestra under the conduction of R. Pietrafesa Bonnet.
In 2006 he was appointed to join the “Jeunesses Musicales World Orchestra”.
– Settled in Italy in 2007, he begins advanced studies of violin at the Conservatorio “Giuseppe Verdi” in Milan with Maestro Daniele Gay and he graduates with top marks, honors and a special mention in 2010.
-Then he has the privilege of being selected to study at the “Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst ” in Vienna with Professor Dora Schwarzberg and a year later he graduates with the maximun score in 2013.
-He has participated in Master Classes with Maestros José Scolaro, Nikolai Sachenko, Marco Rizzi, Salvatore Accardo, J.F. del Castillo, Francesco De Angelis, Taras Gabora.
Since 2014 he’s a violinist of “Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale Rai”, joining the first violins section.
As a student he was the Concertmeister of the Symphonic Orchestra of the Milan Conservatory on several occasions, giving concerts in different Italian cities and also participating as a soloist.
He is the violinist of the contemporary ensemble “Texture Ensemble Milano”.
Between 2010 and 2013 he was a member of the String Sextet of the “Accademia Teatro Alla Scala de Milano”, touring through Italy, Asia, and South America and recording live for Radio3 in Italy, Limen TV and the Hong Kong Radio.
In 2011 his String Quartet “Antonio Solari” participated in a master class with the “Shanghai String Quartet”, and they were also invited to inaugurate their concert in Milan.
Until 2013 he was a member of the Orchestra of the “Accademia Teatro Alla Scala di Milano” where he often played the role of Concertino.
In 2014 he debuted with Orquesta Filarmónica di Montevideo playing Mendelssohn Violin concerto Op.64 in E minor under the baton of David del Pino Klinge, having great success with the public and critics.
In 2015 he creates the “Schiele String Sextet”, together with colleagues from OSN Rai.
This string sextet inaugurates the 2015-2016 chamber music season of OSN Rai in Turin. Some months later they are chosen to join the chamber music season of the Quirinal (Residence of the Italian President) playing Live on Radio 3 Rai for the whole Europe.
In 2019 he collaborates with “Les Italiens de l’Opera” (Paris) and “Stars of American Ballet” joining different shows in Paris and playing on the stage Wieniawski – Etude Caprice Op.18 No 4 and Bazzini – La Ronde des Lutins.
This last years he collaborated with “Orchestra Haydn di Bolzano” , “Teatro San Carlo di Napoli”, “Orchestra del Teatro alla Scala”, “Cameristi della Scala”, “Solisti d’Europa” (Strings Orchestra that puts together musicians from OSN Rai, Teatro alla Scala and Accademia di Santa Cecilia.
In 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic, he plays every day from his balcony giving hope to people around and live on social media to arrive to everyone who’s on quarantine. His concerts went viral in the whole world, especially in China where his first video had more than 10 million views.
From that moment he made 2 live stream concerts for Chinese public, reaching 89,000 people on the first and 328,000 on the second.
He has more than 800,000 followers on Chinese social network Weibo.
2008 to 2010
- Scholarship from the Italian government to study at the Conservatorio “Giuseppe Verdi” in Milan.
- First prize at the national competition “Città di Riccione”, voted unanimously.
- “Sergio Dragoni” scholarship for string players, Milan Conservatory.
- First prize in the international competition “Cogoleto 2009”, voted unanimously.
- Second place in the “Beltrami” Chamber Music competition of the Milan Conservatory.
- First prize in the competition “Nuovi Orizzonti” in Arezzo.
- Scholarship for the String Quartet of the Milan Conservatory.
- The “Beltrami” award for the string quartet of the Milan Conservatory.
- Fourth place in the prestigious violin competition “Vittorio Veneto” in Italy.
- Semifinalist in the international competition “Postacchini” in Fermo.
- Winner of the audition for Guest Artists at the Haydn Orchestra in Bolzano.
- Winner of the international competition for the “Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale RAI” in Italy, obtaining a position in the first violins section of the orchestra among more than 560 world wide competitors.
- Commendation plaque from the Ministry of Education and Culture of Uruguay “for his outstanding international career worthily representing the culture of our country”